Employee Assistance Program FAQs
General Questions

Answers to general EAP questions can be found here.

Answers to general EAP questions can be found here.

Which of the three EAP forms should I use? 

  • The"Non-MC Seminar, Workshop, or Conference" application is for any request that is not related to MC courses or Wellness programs.  This form is for college courses taken at an outside university or for seminars, conferences, or workshops that are work-related. 
  • The "MC Wellness/Outside Gym Membership" application is for any MC Wellness classes or to request reimbursement for your membership at a gym. 
  • The "MC Courses, Fees and Books" application is for credit courses that are work-related or required for a degree, non-credit courses that are work related or taken toward a degree, course related fees, and required books or supplies.

Note:  Incomplete forms will be returned to the employee with instruction on what needs to be completed, which means it will take longer for you to get reimbursed.  Please make sure you have filled in all required information including date of hire, how the request is job-related, your employment status, and the amount of the request.

How long will it take for my request to be processed?  Please allow 10-14 business days for your request to be processed and a check to be issued.  if you require payment sooner, please call Human Resources and Stratetgic Talent Management (HRSTM) at 240-567-5352 as soon as possible.

What if I need to cancel my request?  Plase contact HRSTM at 240-567-5352. An Associate will be sure your request is cancelled.


Tuition Reimbursement

Answers to commonly asked tuition reimbursement questions can be found here.

Answers to commonly asked tuition reimbursement questions can be found here.

Can I have EAP pay for my tuition or registration ahead of time? Yes. In order to have tuition or registration pre-paid, complete an EAP form, attach your completed registration form or registration confirmation, and submit to the Office of Human Rsources and Strategic Talent Management (HRSTM). The check will be sent directly to the vendor. Please allow 10-14 business days for the EAP process to be completed.

Can I pay my registration or tuition myself then be reimbursed?  Yes. You may choose to pay your registration or tuition ahead of time and be reimbursed by the College. In order to avoid delay in the processing of your request, you MUST submit one of the following with your EAP request:

  • An original receipt that is printed on the organization's letterhead. The receipt must show payment and must show the form of payment (i.e. cash, check or charge). If the organization cannot provide a receipt, a confirmation email from the organization with the above information will suffice. If you pay for courses or course materials online, the electronic confirmation of payment may be submitted, but it must show the amount paid and the form of payment.
  • A copy of a cancelled check (front and back), a credit card receipt, or a credit card statement showing the charge. If you submit a credit card statement, please be sure that your name shows on the page that you submit. 

Note: handwritten, generic, and copied receipts will not be accepted as proof of payment. 

Any requests that are missing the required documentation will be sent back to the employee, thus delaying the reimbursement process. If you are not sure whether your documents will be sufficient, please contact HRSTM at 240-567-5352 before you submit the receipt. This way, you will be sure to receive your reimbursement as quickly as possible.

Gym Membership

Frequenlty asked questions about gym membership reimbursement are answered here.

Frequenlty asked questions about gym membership reimbursement are answered here.

How much will the College pay for my gym membership?  The College will reimburse you for membership fees not to exceed $35 per month until you reach your EAP maximum for the Fiscal Year.

How do I submit a request for reimbursement? Follow the steps below:

  1. Pay the necessary fees to get started at the gym of your choice.
  2. Arrange for the gym to furnish Ms. Lili Rojas with your monthly attendance statistics.
  3. Arrange for the gym to furnish you with a payment receipt each month (please see EAP application for receipt guidelines).
  4. Complete the MC Wellness/Outside Gym Membership EAP application, attach your payment receipt and submit it to India Hunter. She will approve it and send it on for processing.

You can be reimbursed monthly or quarterly, whichever works best for you.

How do I provide proof that I have attended the gym at least ten times in a month?  To show proof of attendance, you must arrange for your gym to send your attendance statistics directly to India Hunter in HRSTM. It is the responsibility of the employee to make these arrangements with the gym.

Can I fax my gym attendance data to HRSTM?  Your gym may fax the informationto India Hunter at 240-567-4246.

Will I be reimbursed for enrollment or initiation fees?  No.

Email Us
Common searches:
Jump to Navigation