The Montgomery College Events Calendar is intended for use by Montgomery College Employees. If you would like to have access to the calendar to submit events, you must request an account from the IT Service Desk.
Which Calendar Do I Use?
There are four MC Events Calendars: one for each campus (Germantown, Rockville, Takoma Park/Silver Spring) and one for “other locations.”
Before you sign in, choose the campus where your event will take place and click on
that location link. For example, if your event is being held on the Rockville Campus,
you should click on the link for the Rockville Campus Calendar.
Note: Events on multiple campuses must be entered on each campus calendar individually.
Events from all campuses are automatically aggregated into the Master Calendar, so
users looking at that calendar will see all the events from all campuses and locations.
Note: You cannot add events to the Master Calendar directly, so do not try to sign in before choosing the appropriate location.
After clicking on the link for the appropriate location, sign in. The sign in button is just above the calendar title and below the main college navigation menu.
Click on the “SIGN IN” button.
Enter your MyMC user name and password, click “OK” to login.
CREATE AN EVENT
At the top of the page, just below the purple MC menu, click on the “MY PROFILE” link.
Hover over the black side menu on the left to expand it. Then click on the “CREATE AN EVENT” icon to open the event menu.
ENTER YOUR EVENT INFORMATION
- Give your event a concise, descriptive name
- Provide a brief summary in the open text box
- Fill in the date and time of the event
- If your event has a web site you’d like to share, add the URL
Note: There are four check boxes in this section. You may want to use the “Specify Publish/Unpublish Times” box. Please do not use the others.
Additional menus allow you to refine your event information.
You’ll need to fill out at least three of them: Categories and Keywords, Locations, and Additional Event Information.
- Categories: selecting appropriate categories will help users find your events when they’re interested in a particular subject, like “Arts,” for example.
- Keywords: Keywords, or tags, will help users find your events when they’re searching by a particular word. Choose words that are essential and unique to your event.
- Locations: Use the Location drop down to be specific about where your event takes place. You selected the campus to create your event; now let people know which building and room it is in.
- Additional Event Information: has essential information you have to fill in.
When users view the master calendar, they have the option of adding filters to get
just the information they want. When you create an event, you will need to provide
that information to be sure your event is found with those filters.
When you open the Additional Event Information tab, you’ll see several sections. Click the appropriate selection in each section. Use the Control (Windows) or Command (Mac) key to choose more than one selection in a category. Items with a red star are required.
Additional drop down menus allow you to include more information when appropriate, including:
- Contact information
- Registration for events, or items for sale
SAVE AND SUBMIT
When you’ve finished entering your event, be sure to save and submit it using the
buttons at the bottom of the page.
Note: You cannot save your event if you haven’t completed all of the starred sections, some of which are under drop down menus.
Once you have saved and/or submitted your document, it will appear in your events dashboard, where you can track its status.
When you’re finished, it is important to log out of the Online Events Calendar by clicking My Profile, and log out.