Writing in the Disciplines
Writing in the Disciplines Response to Covid-19
The Writing in the Disciplines Program will continue to provide remote support for the teaching of writing across the curriculum at Montgomery College. We offer the online workshop series “Learning to Write and Writing to Learn: Writing in the Disciplines” through the Academy for Teaching Transformation (enroll via MC Learns). We invite you to use and share our Resources for Faculty and Resources for Students. We are also available via email or Zoom to help you with the following:
- Revise a writing assignment for distance learning
- Replace classroom lessons with writing-to-learn activities
- Run a peer review session using Blackboard or Zoom
- Develop discussion board prompts in Blackboard
- Create rubrics for writing assignments, writing-to-learn activities, and Blackboard discussions
- Offer resources for research writing, working with sources, and citations.
For assistance, please contact Shayla Atkins.
Call for Papers
Call for Papers: Outstanding Student Academic Writing in All Disciplines
Writing in the Disciplines (WID) is seeking submissions for its online publication featuring our students' exemplary writing in all the disciplines taught at Montgomery College. We seek excellent writing by students in all disciplines so that our online publication can showcase the diversity of styles and types of academic writing at MC.
Each instructor may nominate one piece of student writing. The student writing must have been completed between August 2020 and May 18, 2021, and composed as part of a class at Montgomery College. Student writings may not be longer than 15 typed, double-spaced pages, including diagrams, references, or other attachments.