Getting Started With MC Technologies
Your MyMC ID is the login username that you use to login to the MyMC Portal. If you do not remember your MyMC ID, you can use the "Find Your MyMC ID" link on the MyMC login page to retrieve it.
Your M# is a 9 digit number beginning with the letter "M" followed by 8 numeric characters. The M# is also referred to as the College ID, Student ID, or MC ID.
If you are a new student, your M# can be found on your Student Acceptance Letter.
If you are a new employee, your M# can be found on your College employment offer letter. The M# can be found on your Montgomery College ID card located above the barcode.
Students: The format for your college email address is "MCID"@montgomerycollege.edu
Faculty and Staff: The format for your college email address is "firstname.lastname"@montgomerycollege.edu
Your college email password and your MyMC password are the same.
Please call 240-567-7222 for help with your password. Password resets are NOT available by Web Chat.
The public access WiFi network on all campuses is MCPA. Because the network is hidden,
you will need to add it to your network list manually.
To add the MCPA public access network to your mobile device WiFi network list:
iPhone and iPad:
1. Select Settings.
2. Select WiFi.
3. Select Other.
4. Under Name, enter MCPA (all capital letters). Security is None.
5. Select Join.
1. Select Settings.
2. Select WiFi.
3. Select More.
4. Select Add Network.
5. Under Name, enter MCPA (all capital letters). Security is None.
6. Select Connect.
1. Click on Start.
2. Enter “wireless”.
3. Select Manage Wireless Networks. This will open the network management screen.
4. Click Add.
5. Click Manually create a network profile.
7. For Network Name, enter MCPA (all capital letters). For Security Type, select No
Authentication. Click the box to Connect even if the network is not broadcasting.
This is necessary because MCPA is hidden.
8. Click Next.
9. Click Close.
Montgomery College is offering the power and versatility of Microsoft's Office Suite to improve your educational experience. Vist our Student Office FAQ page to get started.
Montgomery College is currently transitioning all employee desk telephones to new Polycom phones. Polycom phones offer many improved features such as XYZ.
- Your voice mail access extension number is 7-9900
- When setting up your voice mail for the first time, use passcode 1234 followed by the # key
- You do not need to dial "9" before placing a call outside of the College
- Hit the "Send" key to place a call
- You must go into your voice mailbox to clean out your messages even if you have listened to the carbon copy sent to your email
- The email address for the carbon copy of your voice mail will come from sender, "email@example.com"
Employees are not authorized to remove desk phones from their original location. Desk phones are specifically programmed for 911 calls from the location noted on the phone. If your phone must be moved, please contact the IT Service Desk to complete this task. Please do not remove the location label on any desk phone.
Contact the OIT Service Desk
Open a web chat with a service desk representative. Online chats are only available to students.
Please call 240-567-7222 for help with your password. Password resets are not available by Web Chat.
Monday - Thursday (7:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.)
Friday (7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Saturday (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
Except College holidays and emergency closures.