Roadmap for Employees to Address Concerns
The College has developed this special roadmap to help employees understand where to go for assistance with the resolution of different concerns.
Supervisors and managers are your first line of communication. You should contact your supervisor or manager with your concern.
If contacting your supervisor/manager is not possible or appropriate, or you wish to obtain further assistance, then contact the appropriate area listed below. Your options for consultation and resolution may vary based upon your concern.
- Conflict of Interest
- Disability Access Issues
- Ethical Misconduct
- Grants Research Fraud or Misconduct
- Improper Giving or Receiving Gifts
- Maryland State Ethics Filing and Reporting Questions
- Protection of Minors
- Regulatory Compliance
- Violations of College Policies not otherwise identified
- Physical Safety and Protection
- First Aid
- Emergency Assistance
- 24-hour Escort Service (upon request)
- Lost and Found
Please contact the Office of Compliance, Risk, and Ethics if your concern is about
one of these offices or a lack of response to a concern.
Please contact the Chief of Staff/Chief Strategy Officer in the Office of the President if the focus of your concern is about the Office of Compliance, Risk, and Ethics.
- Ombuds - Guidance at any time.
- EthicsPoint Reporting Line
- Intellectual Property Concerns
- Additional Resources
- Student Concerns
Confidential, neutral, independent, and informal resource with whom you can discuss any and all workplace issues
- Offers discussion and coaching on workplace issue resolution, strategies, and options
- Refers employees to other MC resources
Submit concerns anonymously and confidentially
- Hosted by a third-party vendor to preserve anonymity.
- Triaged by the Office of Compliance, Risk, and Ethics
Montgomerycollege ethicspointnew window
- Governance Councils
- Labor Unions–AAUP, SEIU, or AFSCME
Visit the Student Complaint Resolution webpage for policies and procedures about reporting your concerns.