Code of Ethics and Employee Conduct
Montgomery College is committed to fostering an environment of integrity where ethical standards are consistently applied by all. A policy entitled Code of Ethics and Employee Conduct was adopted by the Board of Trustees on June 19, 2017. The purpose of the Montgomery College Code of Ethics is to express the ethical standards for faculty, staff, and administrators: Accountability, Civility and Collegiality, Compliance, Fairness, Honesty, Respect, and Stewardship.
Support of the Montgomery College Code of Ethics will serve to enhance an ethical environment and promote civility, excellence, and integrity in our work and with one another. It is every employee’s responsibility to uphold the Code of Ethics and to encourage high standards of ethical behavior and decision-making by all.
Ethical Expectations Booklet (PDF, )
Roadmap for Employees to Address Concerns
The College has developed a special roadmap document (PDF, ) to help employees understand where to go for assistance with the resolution of different concerns.
Confidential Reporting Line
Employees with concerns are encouraged to talk with their management. Montgomery College uses
the EthicsPoint reporting line, which is a confidential and anonymous third-party
EthicsPoint toll-free number: 844-572-2198
EthicsPoint online reporting: www.montgomerycollege.ethicspoint.comnew window
- A summary of our shared institutional values and ethical standards.
- Clearly articulated expectations of both our employees and of Montgomery College.
- References to key Montgomery College policies and procedures.*
- References to key laws and regulations applicable to Montgomery College.*
- An ethical framework for decision-making for all employees.
- Resources for additional guidance.
* Note - Not all policies, key laws and regulations are covered in the Code of Ethics and Employee Standards of Conduct Handbook.